Tanked & Spanked
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Warcraft

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kiari - holy priest

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Kiari - holy priest Empty
PostSubject: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:49 am

Personal Info

Other information you want to add, like a bit about yourself: Work for GAME and study website design

Character Details

Name: Kiari
Class: Priest
Race: Blood Elf

Gear(link your Blizzard Armory Profile or Wow-heroes):-
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Kiari
Talentspec(link your Blizzard Armory Profile):-
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Aszune&cn=Kiari&gn=The+Dark+Side

Professions:- 450 Herbalism, 450 Elixir Master
First Aid:- Not needed

Guildhistory

Previous guilds, and why you left them? :- I have been in quite a few in my time, pre-WotLK I was in <Kai Yai> until it got disbanded. When WotLK came out I immediately joined <The Zerg>, loved every minute of it and met some real nice guys. Although recently I've had a fallout with an officer who didn't believe I was prepared enough to tank Ulduar and they wouldn't let me roll to something else. So I eventually got frustrated and left to join <The Dark Side>. Been in this guild for the past week or so until I got kicked yesterday because of some "complaints" people had with me which I am still trying to figure out, you'll have to whisper Auroura if you want to find out why because I am a little bemused by that decision.

Realms and duration:- I've played on Aszune for nearly 3 years now.

Why you want to join us? :- I experienced raiding with some of you during my time in The Zerg, I liked the contribution the guild was putting in to enable us to do 25 man content. I would like to do the same kind of thing in Ulduar, I just want to be able to raid with people who can play.

Contacs/People you know in the guild:- I know Korlic a little, how could I forget Alkaholiek too, Pythagon and Moyito I know from our time in The Zerg.

Raiding

What will you bring to our guild and our raids?:- I will bring the guild a reliable, experienced and enthusiastic raider that will always arrive on time, bring flasks, food buffs all that jazz. I am a well geared healer who knows his class inside out and I can take criticism on board. I'll hopefully try to provide some great British humour in guild chat and no doubt Alkaholiek will try to flirt with me at some point.

Your goals in this game and what are your plans for raiding:- My main goal right now is to finish all of Ulduar, I missed out on completing Black Temple and Sunwell Plateau in TBC. I don't want the same to happen in WotLK, I want to be able to see all content and at the same time try to enjoy it and make new friends.

Are you able to supply yourself with foodconsumables, flask and potions in between raids?:- Well being a herbalist and elixir master, providing myself with those will be easy, and I usually just buy food buffs from AH or pray for some kind soul to lay down a feast.

Days you are online able to raid between 19-23 (in general)?:- Pretty much everyday from 18:00 till whenever the raid ends. Although some thursdays I may come online at around 19:00 because of work.

Frost Resistance:- Yes

Able to keep high attendence in a long run ?:- Definitely

Raiding Experience:

Naxxramas 10/25 - Cleared
Malygos 10/25 - Cleared
Sartharion 10/25 (with drakes up) - Cleared all except 3 drakes
Ulduar 10/25 - Mimiron 10 man, Freya 25 man
VoA 10/25 - Cleared

What addons do you see as most important?:- Deadly Boss Mods, Omen, PowerAura, XPerl, XPerl raid frames, Recount, Dominos, Quartz.

Able to listen to Ventrilo?:- Yes

Able to speak on Ventrilo?:- Yes

Level of English:- I would say of a high level.

Other comments:- Just an additional note, I have noticed that you are recruiting mages, so if for some reason there isn't a spot for me as a healer, I have a perfectly capable arcane mage who's geared and experienced for Ulduar too. Obviously my priest is my preferred class but just so you know for future reference.

Thanks for reading this.
Back to top Go down
Kadmos

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks for your application and welcome to our forum.

Some of us will get back to you asap to let you know.
Back to top Go down
Woodstuck

Woodstuck

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm

Hello and thanks for the application.

I am not sure if we need a holy priest atm, since we having 3 now, but thats up to the officers to decide.

Your gear+gemming+enchants is rly good and i see you putting effort in it to maximize it (i love to see that!!). You are running the same spec as i had before the big changes in 3.1, i only found that deep holy is much better (personally) for ulduar now, im just curious about your motivation to have this so-called 'Hybrid'spec these days. I know the extra mana/spirit/haste is rly nice. But how you scale them against Serendipity/Empowered Renew/Divine Providence and Guardian spirit?

I think we all curious about the gkick from The Dark Side tho.. I'll try to talk to Auroura bout it since i still know him a bit from Suffering, CuTe and The Dark Side which i was in before Korlic dragged me into this lol! . And just to confirm my thoughts, which officer of the Zerg was it you had troubles with? (you have the right to remain silent, haha) Razz

Altough your application looks rly nice, i have no clue if we need more priests for ulduar25. Like with the co-op raid we had with the zerg, running with 4 holy priests in a raid is a bit overkill imo. Anyway i wish you all the luck with your application, since its not for me to decide, and cya round ingame!

Cheers, Woodstuck
Back to top Go down
Alkah0lik

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Hey manax, winkie winkie I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Thanks for the replies so far.

@ Alkaholiek: Hey baby <3

@ Woodstuck: I like this spec because I prefer AoE healing, I know a lot of fights in Ulduar like Kologarn, XT Deconstructor, Auriaya you need good AoE healers and looking at my spec, I have reduced mana cost for Prayer of Healing and Prayer of Mending, I've even taken the one for extra range. I have the glyph of Prayer of Healing too for an added HoT when I use it, and believe me in a 10/25 man raid, I use it a lot. Despite the recent nerf, I still love Circle of Healing as well for added AoE power, which is pretty much the main reason why I went holy and not disc, and I love the added spirit, haste and intellect the disc tree offers me so I am able to spam those mana heavy abilities more frequently. Another thing is that I find a lot of priests are either full disc or full holy meaning their single target healing is more effective than mine, but if you combine that with an AoE healer such as myself I think it creates a nice balance.

The officer from Zerg I didn't get along with was Prax, I was offtanking some of Ulduar with him, helped the guild get some progress kills yet he wasn't impressed with me and pretty much stripped me from my spot. As far as the whole Dark Side fiasco goes, I have no idea. One officer has tried to get me to rejoin and resolve it but the fact that someone in there wanted me out of the guild is enough reason for me not to come back.
Back to top Go down
Alkah0lik

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Oi, i'm not a priest and have no knowledge about that class, but will list some things that i think.

First of all play the spec your comfortable with, don't go for cookie cutters because its a cookie cutter(so your doing that right atm).

I Think full holy can be a better aoe healer if played properly since your doing "larger heals", also having serendipity is probly equal to the haste from enlightment? not sur on that tho. I also don't see the real benefits from discipline versus the one from from holy, except for maybe going oom slower.

You also say you are a AoE healer, but you took inspiration wich dousn't make sense to me. About 90% of the AoE damage in ulduar is from spells so the extra armor woulnd't be usefull imo.

And why 5/5 unbreakable will?Razz

just some random toughts tho, woody probly knows moar about priests then i do :>
Back to top Go down
Woodstuck

Woodstuck

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:18 pm

Well, tbh, in my opinion you are actually nerfing your aoe healing with this spec... if you take a look at Divine Providence your CoH, PoH, PoM (which are the best spells, including Renew) would do 10% more healing, which is quite nice.. Besides that your renew does alot less healing without Empowered renew, how can you compare the extra int, spirit and haste against that? (since most of the spells you referring to are instant which the extra haste isnt needed). Did you even played the full holy spec with the new talents actually? I agree with you that in Ulduar there is quite some aoe heals needed, thats why i love that place!!

And what is your main atm actually? i hear you talking about wanting to roll a tank and playin the mage.. So how far goes your raiding experience as a priest now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Alkaholiek, the reason I prefer Enlightenment over Serendipity firstly, is that Enlightenment gives you 6% haste for ALL spells that I cast, whereas Serendipity is only for Flash Heal (fair enough I use that quite a bit) and Binding Heal (I hardly ever use this in a raid thanks to Desperate Prayer and it costs way too much mana imo). Secondly, I only really took Enlightenment because of the 6% spirit bonus, rather than the haste, and spirit is pretty much a priest's main stat as we get mp5 and spell power from it so I try to stack up on that as much as possible.

Woodstuck, I understand that you think I should be getting Divine Providence but obviously I wouldn't have enough points to go that deep into the holy tree, despite it being a pretty awesome talent for me. I am happy with the current healing I get from my 3 AoE healing spells and I feel having the 15% intellect, 6% spirit and 6% haste is more viable. Another thing, sometimes stacking up too much on spell power bonuses can just lead to more overhealing and therefore I'd see that as a waste of talent points, I had a hard time deciding which path to go but I am happy with what I have. Another thing, I don't tend to use Renew much, only if the boss relies on just spam-healing the main tank, then fair enough I'll use it, so I didn't really want to take many talents that improved the spell.

About the whole mains thing, I have actually played as a tank, mage and healer throughout Ulduar, but my priest is more geared and has more experience than the other 2, and in my opinion I think I am a better healer anyway, so Kiari is definitely my main. I forgot to mention that although I haven't done much of Mimiron and never seen General Vezax, I have done Yogg-Saron on 10 man and even got him into phase 2, so don't know if that helps at all.

P.S I am going to alter my spec a little bit, I will be getting rid of Inspiration and Unbreakable Will, here is what it will be:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVIbu0hVzhZrxt0fMqVh0xz
Back to top Go down
Woodstuck

Woodstuck

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 pm

While i'm reading this, its getting me a bit sad.. You basicly didnt even read about the new talents.. Just read the tooltip of Serendipity and then think about it again... As far as my question: Did you ever played full holy? I didnt got a reply to.. I never specced full holy before 3.1 coz it though it was to soft.. hehe.. but once i tried a few different spec, i realised it ROX!! Next to that deep discipline is a awesome raidspec aswel with all the buffs and dmg reduction crap it does...

For Alka: Inspiration is a nice talent, it increases the targets armor on a crit heal... so if 1 priest has it in raid, its a plus to the overall buffs..
Back to top Go down
Alkah0lik

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:20 pm

the only person needed fore more armor would be a tank.. dps/healers shouldnt get physical dps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 10:30 pm

No sorry, I haven't tried full holy or full disc because I love my own spec far too much, never once thought about changing it really. I do tend to look at recount after boss fights and I always do perform well for healing and not so much overhealing, so something must be right about my spec and rotation. Not trying to sound too big headed here but just explaining why I've stuck with the hybrid build.

Yes, if another priest does have Inspiration and constantly spams the tank with heals, then I shouldn't really have it if I'll be raid healing so to speak, but I'm not saying I only raid heal, because I don't. Flash Heal/PoM/Renew are efficient enough to keep a tank alive, hence why I went for a glyph of Flash Heal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 pm

I'd like to withdraw this application unfortunately, I have joined back with The Zerg.

Thanks for the time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lavi

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 pm

lol wasted time
Back to top Go down
Alkah0lik

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 12:03 am

lulwhat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiari - holy priest   Kiari - holy priest Empty

Back to top Go down

Kiari - holy priest
Page 1 of 1