Tanked & Spanked
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Warcraft

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer Empty
PostSubject: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 2:26 pm

Personal Info

Other information you want to add, like a bit about yourself: Still in school, living healthy as a boy.

Character Details

Name: IcedChicken
Class:Paladin
Race: Blood elves

Gear: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aszune&n=Icedchicken
Talentspec: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Aszune&n=Icedchicken&group=2

Professions: Alchemist and herb max.
First Aid:- max

Guildhistory

Previous guilds, and why you left them? : "Abyss" reason why i left is because we had some problems about me not getting in ulduar or "main group" and after that me and my friend tried to 2 man first boss and something like that, then gm was angry because he thought that we actually could kill a boss and get saved on a tuesday night after the raid was done (and i was not in it)
Realms and duration: about 4 month ago i transfered from "Draenor".. because of irl friends... and before that i was in "Darkmoon Faire"

Why you want to join us? : reason why i like to join this guild is because i havent heard anything bad about this guild^^ and someone recommended me to do this application. (dont remember name)

Contacs/People you know in the guild: I dont know anyone from the guild i think.

Raiding

What will you bring to our guild and our raids?: i got alot of raiding experience, raided since before BC.

Your goals in this game and what are your plans for raiding: what my plans is really to see mister Lich King.... and by that i need to find a good steady guild^^

Are you able to supply yourself with foodconsumables, flask and potions in between raids?: yes

Days you are online able to raid between 19-23 (in general)?:- yup.... since im in school i have to go to sleep around 1 after midnight

Frost Resistance:-
i got the plate resistance
Able to keep high attendence in a long run ?:- i believe so, since im in school so its quite steady.... or maybe if there is some importent exams i need to take i might be inactive for a week or 2...

Raiding Experience:

Naxxramas 10/25 -cleared
Malygos 10/25 -cleared
Sartharion 10/25 (with drakes up) - 1drake
Ulduar 10/25 -1 boss
VoA 10/25 - cleared

What addons do you see as most important?:- uhm deadly bossmod,

Able to listen to Ventrilo?:- yup

Able to speak on Ventrilo?:- yes.. but im quite shy with my english

Level of English:- i believe i can talk it and write it quite well...

Other comments: I've done this application with a retribution spec, because i like to try something new.... but actually i got full epic with healing gear.. since i saw that there was a spot open for retribution paladin i thought i could give it a try and apply as an retribution paladin, if i cannot get in as an retri pala, i would do a new application as an holy paladin, since i doesnt really matter as long as im raiding. my retribution isnt that good but i ofc intent to get more gear from naxx.
Back to top Go down
Alkah0lik

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:31 pm

Well written app imo, but have some questions.

Wat was the reason you woulnd't get in raidgroup 1? just too much pala's or?

Would you mind switching between specs alot? the reason i'm asking this is because with the summer vacation atm, people's attendance get a bit random and some days we need more healers and some days a ret.

your specs seems right too(some things could be different but it probly fits a playstyle you have).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 pm

yup.. the reason was that there were aldready too many palas...

yes i can switch spec, when needed^^
Back to top Go down
Kadmos

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 6:34 pm

By the look i have from armory on your gear i got some questions.

Are u aware of our guilds progress atm? Meaning do u know what content we play? And also where we stand progressive wise compared to your former/current guild?

I see items equipped on you from Black temple and I wonder if thats a practical joke or if thats actually what u wear in lets say a level 80 raid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Hello... actually i dont know why this ring is here.... on there... i got ddly pvp ring on.... and also emblems neck i got. (outfitter bug)

what i know of is that you cleared ulduar 10 and doing good progress on 25man..

so it says on the progress forum i believe
Back to top Go down
Åtrå

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 8:43 pm

You really need to enchant most of your things before even being considered a trial. Head,shoulders,back,bracers,hands,boots your gear in the slots are to good for not the best enchants. Checked your rep do ebon hold dailys 2-4 days for dps head enchant.
And why do you have 2x24 stam gems? if going for socket bonus 8 stre/12 stam would be the best to use or else 16 stre gems.
How do you think patch 3.2 will affect you as a retri? Will you stick to it even though it gets nerfed a lot and be happy as more of a raid buff player? Thinking as you are trying a new spec so you are aware of what you are facing in the nearest future and dont get bored

Hope you like reading watching movies as you will need to do it alot at start to have knowledge of fights as you are far behind progress wise. If accepted as trial
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Main reason why im a retri is because i wanted to try something new.... through tbc and wotlk ive been playing holy for the most and only tried retri through pug and pvp... that is also why i dont got so many enchants and wierd gems, since its my offspec gear, and my previouse guild told that offspec wasnt need of best gem and encahnt.....

im on my way to get full enchants and the right gems as we speak so it isnt far away..

as for the future. as i told before, i wanted to try something new apart from healing, and ive aldready tried tanking(which failed) so dont really mind being nerfed, raid wise.

i will read and whatch alot of clips about raid.... aldready seen alot of fights in Ulduar via tankspot..
Back to top Go down
Åtrå

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:28 pm

With your gear fully enchanted you are a yes for me as it shows you are interested in making your gear as good as possible before entering Ulduar. Mayby do a few hcs for the nec fromemblems too=)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 9:59 pm

^^ got that one.... just some didnt log out with it something about auto change gear with the addon (outfitter)
Back to top Go down
Kadmos

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 6:45 pm

Hello, we are still looking into the app.

However, why do u use Brawn enchnat on your bracers when both the AP ones gives more Ap? Also the lack of expertise in your current gear setup would have made the exp enchant a viable option Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: RE   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:21 pm

uhm the reason why i enchanted it with 12str is because i got talent which give 15% more str so i thought it would give me more ap... anyhow, ive changed the encahnt to expertise now...

tbh i did not know expertise were importent for dps since dps were standing behind the boss, i guess it happens that you stand infront the boss.
Back to top Go down
Kadmos

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:28 pm

Well well well...To "cap" expertise against a raid boss, melee DPS need only concern themselves with the boss' dodge chance, provided that they attack from behind. This dictates a goal of 214 expertise rating. Tanks, however, attack from the front, and need to worry about both dodge and parry.

For level 83 (raid bosses) the soft cap(for dps) is 6.5% dodge or 26 expertise (214 expertise rating), and the hard cap(for tanks) is 14% parry or 56 expertise (460 expertise rating)

Paladins can gain 2/4/6 points of expertise from Combat Expertise, in the eighth tier of the Protection tree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:44 pm

ah ye... thats what i just read about on mmo-champ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: re   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:23 pm

Dear Tanked and Spanked

Im sorry guys but ive been offered a spot in "the lost" so im gonna take back my application.

i guess if i have to start ive gotta start at the bigginning.xD

sorry for taking your time guys, GL, see ya in game^^

Yours Faithfully

IcedChicken
Back to top Go down
Kadmos

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:57 pm

Sounds like a good call, u are not what we are looking for.

Best of luck.

Declined.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer   IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer Empty

Back to top Go down

IcedChicken.. Retri pally/healer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Tanked & Spanked :: Accepted & Declined :: Declined Applications-
Jump to: